Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 3...

As our third day here is now over I can say that today has been fun as well. We began by meeting with Yumi Kikuchi-san once again. She had accompanied us and introduced us to Councilor Fujita-san the other day. She may try to play herself off as somewhat incompetant and not important but she can't hide the fact that she is an amazing woman. She has accomplished more in her life so far than some in a lifetime. It is truly inspiring.

After speaking with Yumi-san about her work we participated in an Anthropology class at Kyoritsu University. I wish we would have had a little more time to ask some questions of the students but it was a great experience. I would have liked to have spent more time there but with so much to do we have to keep moving.

Next we went to the Peace Boat headquarters and met with Akira Kawasaki-san and Satoshi Nakazawa-san who told us more about their organization. It seems very interesting and for a good cause. It would be great if Webster University could somehow partner with them in the future.

After that, several others and I got lost in Shinjuku... We somehow made it back to the hotel. It's sad to say but I probably wouldn't have made it back at all had I gone by myself. I get lost enough back in St. Louis where I grew up. Luckily my classmates are more capable than I, a fact to which I am very grateful.

Tomorrow we check out of this hotel and head to Kyoto. I am not sure if I will have internet access at the next hotel or anywhere else after this so this may be my last post for a bit. If so, I will write more when I get back to the US. Otherwise, expect more updates later.

No comments:

Post a Comment