Thursday, June 25, 2009

Chapter progress

Well, after realizing I am an idiot the other day when I logged into the class website and saw that my chapter should have been posted LAST Friday, I have been working hard to play catch-up. I was consoled to see that I was not the only one who missed the date but I am still disappointed in myself for falling behind. Luckily, I did most of my research-gathering over a month ago and all I have to do now is finish reading and sorting through it while I organize the outline for my chapter on Education. I also want to edit, add, and modify my section topics (Ritsumeikan U./Kyoto Museum for World Peace, Comfort Women in WWII) in the WikiBook.

I'm hoping to focus my chapter on Education in Japan on their reforms that took place in 2002, the effects of those reforms, as well as looking into the issues of textbook censorship and revisions concerning WWII and other like events in which Japan was an aggressor yet wishes to paint itself in a friendlier light by either removing the terms 'aggressor' and 'aggressive' as pertaining to them as well as omitting mention of such facts as the existence and treatment of "Comfort Women".

Lastly, I do want to do a small section on the bullying ("Ijime") problem that is prevalent in Japanese schools, as a reflection of a larger societal issue.

Hopefully I either have or can find sources which will allow me to give a thorough overview of each of these topics. I am hoping to be done by the end of this weekend, including writing the corresponding quiz that the rest of the class must take.

Sorry for my lateness! I had meant to take a little time to myself to recover from jet-lag but then I got sick and have only recently recovered. I have been pretty miserable this past week but I am on my way to recovery now and working hard to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment